Sunday, January 15, 2012

Long ride prep for Abu Dhabi International Tri

First super long ride of 2012 in the books in preparation for the 200k bike leg of the Abu Dhabi Iternational Tri on March 3. This was a very successful ride for me and confirmed that all the training and racing I've done last year and the year before are really starting to pay off. (thanks Coach Torsten of High on Tri Coaching!) I'm getting much stronger on the long rides and I'll need this strength and power to produce a great bike split in the UAE!
I am so grateful for our awesome, awesome multi-use trail system in Tucson! Wow, how lucky we are. A good 2 hours of my ride today was on car-free, stoplight-free paved trail. Just wonderful. Matt Zoll and the others at Pima County Bicycle and Pedestrian program deserve big hugs anytime you come across them! I am also lucky to be a part of many of these trail efforts whether it is through design with my landscape architecture firm LJ Design, or through my outreach efforts as a League Cycling Instructor for Pima County. Every city should be so lucky to have people so dedicated to improve cycling in their area.

No comments:

Post a Comment