Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Season is taking shape!

Putting in the time, putting in the miles.  That's been the name of the game these past several weeks, getting myself ready for some early season bike races and upcoming triathlons.  I'm pleased to say that I believe all my hard work during the offseason swimming is beginning to pay off.  Having an improved swim will completely change the way I race triathlons and I'm looking forward to it.  I look forward to being closer to the lead group of ladies out of the water and put my bike racing and running skills to the test.

I am also happy to say that I officially upgraded to a Cat 1/2 cyclist and joined the Sabino Cycles racing team this year!  I finished my first criterium race, the UofA BioPark Blast Crit, with my winning teammate Alisha Welsh last weekend in a somewhat disappointing 6th place, but overall I was happy to just get back into the bike racing scene - it has been a couple of years now and it's good to return.

Lots of triathletes and cyclists are in Tucson for the next weeks and months to train, so I love jumping in with different groups and people I wouldn't normally get to train with.  What a nice change and a fun way to motivate my training.

Next up on the calendar is the Colossal Cave Omnium, Old Pueblo Grand Prix, and then IM Los Cabos.  I'm tired and sore (but smiling) just thinking about it!  :)

Here's to a great 2013 season of racing!

Great pic below, Mason Ibas!  You do such great photos of our races here, thank you. (that's me in the front of this pack)

No comments:

Post a Comment